Mgr, Software Engineering (Specialty Solutions)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Manager Software Engineering (Specialty Solutions) is responsible for IT Build project execution for our Specialty Solutions business. Projects may cover application development in Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution, Metro Medical, Regulatory Sciences, 3PL and other business units as assigned. Specialty Solutions business units include distribution and supply chain, warehouse management, transportation, order flow, order management, financial, consulting and regulatory aspects of the Specialty pharmaceutical and medical products industry.
This is a great opportunity for a Solution Owner of projects which could range in size from $50K to multiple million dollars. The Solution Owner Manager will work with teams of employees plus onshore and offshore contractors to deliver successful project outcomes. This person will be accountable for relationship management with business teams, key managed service partners, the project management office, and internal shared services partners within Enterprise IT.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Demonstrates working understanding of cloud platforms including but not limited to compute, storage, snapshots, frameworks (e.g. PCF, Kubernetes), and cloud services in both AWS & GCP
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces
- Maintain a close relationship with key business stakeholders to ensure alignment on projects and new opportunities.
- Exhibit passion/self-motivation for on-going continuous learning
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Ability to define work processes and lead team members in successful implementation and ongoing execution preferred
- Ability to develop individuals and teams preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills preferred
- Excellent organizational skills preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, front line supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...